Clearwater Beach and Sand Key Beach Maternity Photos
Oct 2, 2020 | By: Angela Clifton Photography
Tampa Maternity Photographer - Using the Beauty of Tampa Area Beaches for Maternity Photos
We often to maternity photo sessions at Tampa area beaches. There are so many beautiful beaches from which to choose. Two of our favorite beaches are Clearwater Beach and Sand Key Beach. We also love to use St. Pete Beach and Fred Howard Beach in Tarpon Springs.
Beaches are a perfect place to capture your pregnancy photos: the water, the sand, and a gorgeous sunset - you just can't beat it!
TAMPA MATERNITY PHOTOGRAPHER TIPS
1) We recommend between 32 and 36 weeks for you maternity photo session. Every pregnancy is different, but your beautiful baby bump should be showing well at this time and you'll also be comfortable posing.
2) Want makeup and hair styling? We have wonderful stylists that will help you feel your most beautiful. They will use their expertise to ensure your make up and hair work well for the location and maternity dresses and outfits you've chosen.
3) Planning ahead is so important. Knowing exactly what you're wearing from head to toe, both you and your partner, will ensure you have additional stress the day of your session. Feel free to seek our input with your outfit choices as well.
4) Eat before your session, but not to close to your session and keep it a smaller meal. Start properly hydrating the day before, but also keep in mind it will be a bit of a walk to the nearest bathroom.
5) Choosing more than 1 outfit is beneficial. Here are things to consider:
A neutral color strapless bra and seamless underwear are great choices for undergarments
A crop or bandeau top are perfect options for showing that glorious belly.
A buttoned down shirt rather than a pullover shirt - can work well if you'd like to show some of your belly during your maternity session.
If you're wanting to do 2 outfit choices - choose a more flowing outfit for one and a more fitted outfit for your other option. Or you can choose a dressier option and a more casual option.
For the winter months a cardigan sweater is a good choice.
For men's clothing, remember it is mom's time to shine. A neutral color button down with pants work well.
In couple and family maternity sessions, coordinate by choosing 3 or 4 colors - neutral colors work great. Try not to be too matchy, matchy - like picking only 1 or 2 colors for your outfits.
Bring baby's ultrasound image; cute, little shoes or an outfit; letters/initials of your baby's name; a big colored ribbon (pink or blue) for your belly; etc. Remember less is more in regards to props. Our Maternity Portfolio is a great place to look for ideas or you can try Pinterest and google. Feel free to run any ideas by us and we'll offer up our professional opinion.
6) Bring a mirror, brush/comb, Argan oil or something similar to smooth fly away hairs, blotting cloths and/or powder for makeup, a towel, and some water.
6) Make your ride over a relaxing one - listen to your favorite songs, romantic songs - music that will help you focus on your love.
7) It will be windy at the beach. Bring an option to put your hair back just in case. However, Brent will be considering the direction of the wind while posing you.
7) Be ready to get cozy! We'll be capturing up close and intimate photos of you and your loved ones to capture the joy you feel about your upcoming addition to the family.
Ready to schedule? Click here to contact us and you can click here to schedule a Maternity Session Consultation.